WordPress plugin developers are earning good amount online. Most of them release two versions of plugin, one is free version and other is premium with some enhanced features. If you are new to plugin development or want to extend your experience this article is best for you.
WordPress has become more important application for bloggers and even for those who need small web site. To extend its functionality beyond the basic features there are too many plugins. You can do almost anything with WordPress using different plugins. If you are a developer you can develop your own plugin or use plugins developed by others.
I have compiled 20 tutorials for developers to know how to develop wordpress plugin.
1. WP Tutorial: Your First WP Plugin
Here it is, a video guide to creating your first WordPress plugin (in under 5 minutes!).
2. How to Create a WordPress Plugin
Writing your own WordPress plugin is not that difficult if you are a web developer with basic PHP skills.
3. How to Write a WordPress Plugin – Introduction
For any WordPress user, plugins are essential. WordPress Plugins allow those with little to no programming skills to extend the functionality of their blog.
4. Create a Custom WordPress Plugin From Scratch
This tutorial will describe the implementation of a WordPress plugin starting from scratch. The plugin will connect to an external OSCommerce database and display random products on your WordPress site.
5. Anatomy of a WordPress Plugin
This tutorial will guide you through every step of building a simple, widgetized WordPress plugin with settings.
6. A Crash-Course in WordPress Plugin Development
Despite an extensive codex, many WordPress users remain unfamiliar with how to create their own custom plugins. In today’s screencast, we’ll start from scratch and build our first usable plugin.
7. WordPress Plugin Development Short Tutorial
A short video tutorial on wordpress plugin development.
8. WordPress Plugin Tutorial – Hello World
9. The Ultimate Guide to Building a WordPress Plugin
There are often plugins created for basic extended functionality, but what happens when you can’t find the perfect plugin for your needs? It might be easier to just create the plugin yourself.
10. Beginner’s Guide To WordPress Plugin Development
The steps in this tutorial are fairly simple and don’t require a large dedication to study.
11. WorPress Plugin Development with PHP
Nice video tutorial on plugin development.
12. How to Create WordPress Plugin from Scratch
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a wordpress plugin from scratch.
13. Seven Reasons to Write a WordPress Plugin
Listed below are seven reasons why a WordPress user should consider writing a WordPress plugin.
14. WordPress Plugin Actions
An example of an action would be that you want a execute some code after a user has published a post or left a comment.
15. WordPress Plugin Filters
WordPress filters allow to you modify virtually any kind of text displayed and are extremely powerful.
16. Constructing a WordPress Plugin Admin Panel
This tutorial will go into what it takes to successfully create an admin panel for your plugin.
17. Constructing a WordPress Plugin User’s Panel
This tutorial will go over the steps to add in your own User’s Administration Panel.
19. Using AJAX with your WordPress Plugin
This post will show you how to use AJAX with your WordPress plugin.
20. Releasing and Promoting Your WordPress Plugin
After you have finished writing your awesome WordPress plugin, there are a few things to consider before releasing and promoting your WordPress plugin.