4th Epical National Beard and Mustache championship was sponsored by ‘Just for Men’. Around 165 people took part in this competition. It’s not only their beards and whiskers were incredible, their postures, their costumes, accessories and actions all were out of people’s imaginations. Something like never seen before. The facial hair was allowed to set with the help of wax and Hairspray.
The 2013 categories were Mustache, partial beard, full beards, and trendy beards. It was subdivided into various style categories as Freestyle, Hungarian, Imperial Amish and Dale, etc. The participants were judged under strict rules and regulations.
- Jeff Lengum of Los Angels won the gold medal for his full stylist brown beard.
- Al Underwood with Musketeer won a gold medal. He scored a perfect 25.
- In the Hungarian Mustache category, Milwaukee’s James McMahon won a gold medal. He is bald, but his heavy, colored mustache made him a winner.
- The Verdi full beard is around, small beard with a stylized thick mustache, the brown Verdi of Jeffery won him a silver medal.
- Chris Kriskovic, a cab driver won a gold medal for his freestyle full white beard.
- In partial imperial beard category, the winner stands from Minneapolis, Micheal Johnson. He won the gold medal. Sean Raiger from Sacramento succeeded for the silver medal in the same category.
The Championship was no doubt a success. Overall Los Angles won the title of the Beard City of America, it won 6 medals, out of which three were gold. These beards were judged according to its color, density, shape and length. Use of hair products was allowed only in few segments.
In the end,we wish the best to all the winners and all the participants who intends to be a part of this Championship in Future.