This tutorial is for fixing dull, black and dark photos whose color tone is disturbed. This can be done by adjusting shadows, highlights and mid tones. This Can be by following steps:
- By analysing the image histogram.
- Setting the shadows and highlight.
- Adjusting the Brightness.
- Adjusting the mid tones.
- Adjusting the Darkness.
- See Result.
1) Analysing the Histogram:
- First open the histogram menu. To open the histogram menu first create a new layer to create a new window so that your original image is not over written.
- For the top Menu Choose The Following options
- Layer –> New Adjustment Layer –> Levels.
- A dialogue box will open Click ok.
- See Screen Shots below.
Dialogue Box will open Click OK:
2)Setting the Shadows and High lightness Histogram :
- Now histogram will appear you see three terms which you can set that is HighLights , Darkness and Mid Tones.
In the above diagram you can see three pointer which are used to control Highlights , Darkness and Mid Tones. If you are unable to find those pointers then see the circle part in them image below.
- I Already Adjusted Them You can Adjust them according to your desires.
3)Adjusting the brightness:
4)Adjusting The Mid Tones:
5)Adjusting the Darkness:
6) See Final Results: