Google has tried to make map creation easier for its users. The Google engine lite which is absolutely free allows all the Google users to have customized maps on Google. It is a simple and least complicated tool which Google offers to its users for professional mapping at home. You simply need no programming skills for creating your own map on Google engine lite. All you need is a simple Google account which would allow you to login on Google and create your map.
You need to have two files of information which you need to plot on your map. Save both files on your desktop and use it while making your map.
How to Import Data on the Map
• Login your Google account and go to Google map.
• Select new map in the pop up window. In the map title box write the title for your map. Below that you have to write the map description, in the map description box which is below the title box. You may use copy paste technique to write title and description here.
• Now you need to import data. First select the first layer of information which you have saved on your system and upload it. You may use Google spread sheets in your first layer of information for the map.
• At this time adjust the columns of information according to the placement you want on your map. If you are unable to understand the placement you can question mark on the column section and you would be exposed to an example. Follow it and place your information.
• Now you have to select a title for markers. You will be exposed with options of date, beach, time, lat, long and type. Select any one and hit finish.
• Now check the layer of information you placed in the menu of map. If it appears there that means you have successfully carried the whole procedure. You may now proceed to second layer by following the same steps again.
Style Your Map and Use it Whenever You Want
• You need to go to sighting map setting in the menu to change the style of the map appearance.
• You can change the red default pin used for marking on the map to any other color and shape. You have to select paint appearing in the right side of red pin on the menu bar. You will be exposed to all colors and shapes. Select the one of your choice and save it in settings.
• After setting the marking icon according to your choice of color and shape you can even change the style of both the layers of information. You just need to go to style menu of the first layer of information. Several styles would appear there select a unique style for first layer of information and save it. Now do the same for the second layer.
• You can even have more icons besides marking icon. To that add more icons by going to icons menu. You may also change the base of your map through settings.
This is how you can easily have your own map on Google.