With email signatures becoming a hot topic for marketers, it is time to take a look at what all the fuss is really about, and why every marketing professional recommends having an email signature. By making a few small adjustments to your email signature, you can greatly increase your brand exposure as well as possibly your revenue. Don’t make an email signature before reading these important tips on how to maximize your signature’s efficiency.
What is an email signature?
An email signature is a digital sign-off, so people know who you are and how to contact you. They are similar to physical signatures that people do on pen and paper. An email signature gives you much more exposure and also tells the recipient that you are a real person on the other side, not just an automated bot.
How do I make an email signature?
You can make a text email signature very easily, but text email signatures don’t allow you to insert promotional material into your email signature – and you really should do this. Don’t let a good email signature go to waste, when you can make great use of it to market your latest products to the public, who might not otherwise come across your product. Email signatures are used as one of the main marketing channels these days. If you ask any marketing professional what is the easiest way to make a difference to your marketing efforts, it is by simply inserting an email signature to the end of your email.
Are there email signature tools available?
There are plenty of email signature tools around, but which one you choose depends on how much flexibility you want in the creation of your email signature. A great tool that is really easy to use is ZippySig. Using a good tool can mean that you can insert all the promotional material into the signature really easy. You don’t want a banner insertion to take 2 hours to do, you want it to be a quick process, and with ZippySig, it is!
Check out some of the features of ZippySig:
- Make your email signature within 2 minutes.
- You can copy your existing signatures and make them into new ones
- 7-Day Trial which is free
- No need to HTML knowledge
- Insert multiple images into the email signature
- Insert banners
- Change all text colors and styles
- Insert image/text separators
Can I insert custom HTML into my email signature?
Yes you can, however you might not want to. A signature generation company will typically spend a lot of time testing all their email signature templates to make sure they are working as they should on all email programs, so if you change any aspect of the email signature template, such as inserting custom HTML, it might make it so the signature no longer works correctly in certain email clients, and this is a bad thing.
Why do some email signature tools cost money?
Every company is different, but the companies that charge money for their email signature services will often differ from the free ones.
Here are some of the differences:
- Increased privacy of your personal details. After all, you are inserting your private details into your email signature, and do you want those details stolen or leaked to marketing companies?
- Faster hosting. This means that the website will be much faster, and your images will be loaded faster for your convenience.
- Constant development. When you pay for a service, you can be sure that you are paying for the developers’ time to make a better application for you in the future.
Although you can make an HTML email signature by yourself, it takes a long time, even if you are a HTML expert. Do yourself a favour, and try out an email signature tool to make your life easier and to save yourself time.